Today is the 21st of June, which means it’s officially summer! (Ok that was yesterday but shhh!)
Time to kick it off with the…
2015 Summer EXCLUSIVE pack!
This pack is only available for energy from today until the 1st of August 2015!
This pack features:
– A new orange aura, regular and Builders Club!
– 5 new decorations:
– Two new smilies:
– The tourist smiley
– The sun-burnt smiley
Of course we also had to add a few fixes.
– Selecting blocks and backgrounds while holding down a number key now always only requires 1 click.
– You can now assign blocks to the 0 key.
– Made the phrasing of the world options consistent.
– Re-ordered a bunch of blocks/backgrounds on the block bar to make them consistent with the rest.
– Morphable blocks now show up as “morphable” instead of “rotatable”.
– The “ladders” category has been renamed to “climbable”
– Fixed an issue where guests were spammed to register to be able to chat when resizing the window.
– Fixed a silly typo in the guest lobby (costum–>custom).
– Fixed guest side buttons overlapping the minimap button.
– Increased the chances of getting a magic coin a bit more.
– Not having chat now also disables PMing whomever you like.
– Added a word filter to user creation.
– Using the teleport command now says *SYSTEM* instead of *WARNING*.
– Polished the beige brick background.
This is not the big thing we keep hyping yet, but there’s nothing wrong with spoiling you a little bit ;)
Second space themed pack is online. This time, we go to Mars!
We used a different artist for the graphics this week, and I am very pleased with the result.
This week has mainly been used on maintenance and the update for next week, so not so many other updates for now.
One thing we tried with this pack, is define the minimap colors explicitly. This means that minimap colors for the Mars surface bricks are the same color, only brighter/darker. Hopefully, this will make them more usable to the people making minimap art.
Oh! And since I wrote my email in last weeks post, I have received a lot of questions and bugs. Usually, Chris will deal with these. But as I was answering them, I came up with my new catchphrase, which I think is very clever.
So, till next week:
“See you in the worlds!”
Today we launched the first pack of the new theme: Space. The pack is a tribute to the space dog Laika, the first living creature in space.
There is a great article about Laika and the launch on Wikipedia. Spoiler: I does not have a happy ending.
The graphic for the pack looks like this:
It is meant for rockets and spaceships, although more science fiction than realistic ones. Inspired by Star Wars or Star Trek…and Aliens. Looking forward to the creations the players will make :)
Apart from the new pack and theme, we have used the past week on bugs and maintenance.
- New loading image (a bit brighter than usual)
- Sharing open worlds are working again.
- Fixed bug where things in the shop was not marked as bought. If anyone has accidently bought the same thing twice, please contact me at: email@example.com
- Added a small “busy”-animation when adding energy or usiung gems.
- When a user gets banned, his worlds are banned as well.
- You can not get caught in a coingate anymore. (This fix introduced another bug, also known from other gates, which will be fixed later)
- Some decorations had colors. These have been removed.
- In the properties of the piano bricks in the construction bar, the offset of some of the dots were displaced. It has corrected.
- Selecting a sound from the drums or piano properties no longer plays a sound if the game is muted.