I guess that technically, smileys are not human…but they can be cannonballs!
Today we released “Boost arrows”, which instantaneously boost the speed of the smiley. There seems to be a lot of uses for them, so once again, I am looking forward to seeing them in new worlds.
Here is a screen capture from the world i made with them:
This pack is the last “non-themed” update for a while. Next week we start up on a new theme.
Also, we hope to be ready to test part of a major update with the beta-users next week. But more on that next week :-)
- Worlds in profiles are loading again.
- Smiley is saved when exiting a level (Not diamond or partysmilies though)
- My email got added to the support mail list on the blog :-)
- Space world border is reset to black on “clear level”.
Happy boosting, and see you in the worlds!
Thanks for all the attention on my birthday!
even if I had to make an update with a cake to get it ;-)
Here is a screenshot from my birthday world, filled with happy guests.
The pack we released contained a cake, which turns players into happy party-guests. A bit in the same way a diamond brick works.
Apart from the cake, this weeks update also contained some anti-cheat, which should prevent super-jump and related speeding hacks. I have to admit that spending time on these kind of features are kind of tedious work, as I would rather use them on exiting features. But I guess it can be avoided when we have so many dedicated users.
That being said, I will promise a fun new physics brick for
next weeks a later update. Also, the regular updates will move to Wednesdays, since it fits better with the overall schedule.
So, have a happy weekend, and see ou in the worlds!
For the last upate in the Space theme, we have added “Space Worlds”. So no new bricks this time.
Space worlds have lower gravity, which makes it possible to jump higher and further! I am really, really looking forward to see the new worlds :-)
The coin is about as high you can jump in a space world.
Also, the black “basic” border is the default border for space worlds. The black brick is free for all.
Besides the new “Space World”, we have also added a Astronaut smiley:
I think it is really cool.
- New frontpage and popup windows design.
- Remove “block all friend requests” bug fixed.
See you in the worlds!
Second space themed pack is online. This time, we go to Mars!
We used a different artist for the graphics this week, and I am very pleased with the result.
This week has mainly been used on maintenance and the update for next week, so not so many other updates for now.
One thing we tried with this pack, is define the minimap colors explicitly. This means that minimap colors for the Mars surface bricks are the same color, only brighter/darker. Hopefully, this will make them more usable to the people making minimap art.
Oh! And since I wrote my email in last weeks post, I have received a lot of questions and bugs. Usually, Chris will deal with these. But as I was answering them, I came up with my new catchphrase, which I think is very clever.
So, till next week:
“See you in the worlds!”
Today we launched the first pack of the new theme: Space. The pack is a tribute to the space dog Laika, the first living creature in space.
There is a great article about Laika and the launch on Wikipedia. Spoiler: I does not have a happy ending.
The graphic for the pack looks like this:
It is meant for rockets and spaceships, although more science fiction than realistic ones. Inspired by Star Wars or Star Trek…and Aliens. Looking forward to the creations the players will make :)
Apart from the new pack and theme, we have used the past week on bugs and maintenance.
- New loading image (a bit brighter than usual)
- Sharing open worlds are working again.
- Fixed bug where things in the shop was not marked as bought. If anyone has accidently bought the same thing twice, please contact me at: email@example.com
- Added a small “busy”-animation when adding energy or usiung gems.
- When a user gets banned, his worlds are banned as well.
- You can not get caught in a coingate anymore. (This fix introduced another bug, also known from other gates, which will be fixed later)
- Some decorations had colors. These have been removed.
- In the properties of the piano bricks in the construction bar, the offset of some of the dots were displaced. It has corrected.
- Selecting a sound from the drums or piano properties no longer plays a sound if the game is muted.
Unfortunatly, todays update has been delayed.
It will be uploaded as fast as possible Friday.
As a teaser for the next pack and theme, here is an image:
Today we released a Pipe Pack with orange pipes, a LOL smiley and coin gates. These updates are not part of the new theme, which will start next Thursday.
The reason for this stand-alone update is that the shop needed some cheap items everyone can afford. Especially new users, who are just learning the game.
Besides this, I really missed being able to laugh in Everybody Edits :-)
A new feature, which will be in use next week, is a warning before updating. Sometimes people loose a lot of work because the game is updated, but with this warning, users will have time to save their world. The warning will appear in the chatbox every 30 seconds, starting a couple of minutes beforeEverybody Edits is updated.
A few other updates:
- Classic items showed an energy bar. It is now removed.